Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall is here?...Bring on the events!

Well fall is here! I hope this time it will stay. It seems that this time of year all the great events start filling up the days on my calender. The grass growth slows down and the maintenance required in the yard is much less leaving more time for all of the Art shows, Car shows, Auto races, Weddings, Boat outings, Camp outs, Motorcycle events, Family gatherings and Holiday parties. The problem is getting to all of them, many events are on the same day and there is not enough time to enjoy them all.
I spent Saturday with my wife, daughter, good friend Steve and met up with two other friends at the Lake Mirror Classic in downtown Lakeland. Car shows always get priority on my calender. This was the 10th year of the show and my first time attending. What a great group of 500 cars. We got to watch Dennis Gage filming a spot for a 2010 episode of "My Classic Car". We also got to see 4 Amphicars at the event. It's a car, it's a boat, no it's an Amphicar!


My 10 year old daughter probably knows more about cars then many boys her same age, this has been true since she was able to talk. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. At this show I held out my spare camera for her and asked if she would like to take pictures of the cars she liked. She took the camera gladly and proceeded to take 200 great pictures. I ended up with around 110 pics myself. The weather was the best to date since spring. The area around downtown Lakeland and Lake Mirror was very nice, we all enjoyed the day very much! Here is a link to all of my photos from the 2009 show http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4417&id=100000296929014&l=d13b97d0b3



1 comment:

  1. Nice shots of Lakeland. Emma will probably make a good photographer if she keeps taking pictures like that weekend. She will need a big hard drive on her computer too. Fun day.

    ReplyDelete